Walton Nusery & Early Years Centre offer a child centred approach where children 2-5 years are encouraged to develop their creativity, individuality and self-confidence in secure surroundings, led by fully trained staff.
We operate 51 weeks a year 8am-6pm, we close for a week for the Christmas period and are closed on bank holidays. We also operate a term time only provision for children who are eligible for the 2 & 3-year-old funding.
Children are encouraged to develop their creativity, individuality and self-confidence
You will find a wide range of appropriate early learning materials linked to the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and stimulating, high quality toys (both indoors and outdoors). Children are also provided with a varied healthy diet, fresh air, exercise, rest and play that all contribute positively to their physical, social, emotional and educational development.
The nursery will open from 8:00am – 6:00pm Monday to Friday. Parents/Carers are reminded that nursery closes at 6:00pm and children must be collected before this time. We recommend that parents/carers arrive 10 minutes early so that you have a chance to gather your child’s belongings and receive feedback from staff.
• Full Day: 8:00am – 6:00pm
• Half Day: 8:00am – 1:00pm OR 1:00pm – 6:00pm
We create an environment where children feel safe, secure, valued and confident for them to develop and thrive
- Activities are tailored to children’s needs and interests
- Our staff team are highly trained and dedicated, including 3 qualified SENCO and an Early Years Teacher · Staff are trained to support specific needs and we work closely with other professionals to access additional support when needed · Half of our staff team are Speech & Language trained in ELKLAN
- We offer Chatterbox sessions for children who need extra support with S&L.
- We have strong links with multiple agencies including Physiotherapist, Speech and Language Therapist, SENIS, Educational Psychologist and Occupational Therapist who are on site on a weekly basis
- Walton Nursery and Early Years Centre is purpose built with excellent wheelchair accessible facilities
- Fresh food prepared on site, catering for all individual requirements, for a healthy balanced diet
- We offer flexible placements to suit your childcare requirements
- Our team will support children and families with preparing for and transitioning to school
- We have our own on-site soft play and sensory rooms, providing a safe and fun environment for children to explore, interact and develop
- We value strong relationships with parents. Parents are welcomed and encouraged to visit, and we hold an annual parents evening to discuss each child’s development.
- We have links with the local community, including the local school
- Our nursery is facing the local park and children will often go to see the local wild life and feed the ducks
- Individual progress is recorded on a unique electronic recording system that parents are encouraged to access and contribute to
- We also offer a system called ‘Nursery in a Box’ which allows parents to access daily information for example newsletters, invoices, extra days and a messaging system
- Children benefit from our extensive range of stimulating toys and educational resources to develop their physical, intellectual, emotional and social skills
- All rooms have direct access to secure garden areas which have been designed specifically to enhance children’s play
- Our large outdoor area has a mood kitchen, water features, pirate ship, wigwams and role play materials, which are all hand made from natural wood/resources
- We will be opening a Forest School (an outside classroom) soon
- We hold a Graduation for our children who leave each year and a Nativity play each Christmas
- We celebrate all cultures throughout the year
- The children go on regular trips and outings to the museum, local farm and cinemas to name a few
- We accept childcare vouchers and offer free childcare to those who are eligible
- We can advise on available funding
- We have our own large car park, making it easy for parents to drop off and collect their child
- We value and embrace differences to ensure that no child is excluded or disadvantaged because of race, culture or religion, background, special educational needs, disability, gender or ability.
Walton Nursery and Early Years Centre is part of the Ambito Care and Education group which provides education and support for disabled children and young people, promoting independence, skills and confidence.
Ambito Care and Education has other education and residential centres across England and Wales.
For more information, please visit www.ambitocareandeducation.co.uk